Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Today's thoughts

I mentioned before how cold it has been here, lows below 0 degrees, lot's of cold wind.

I hadn't been to the store in awhile, so I decided to brave the cold weather and head out to Walmart this afternoon, and wouldn't you know it, they have the summer stuff out. Sandals, bikinis, shorts, etct. Not a glove, coat or sweater to be found. Sometimes I think the stores are all mixed up.

I'm making Creamy Broccoli soup to take to the next ladies meeting at church. We are having a Tea Party! I'm so excited, I think it will be really fun.

But, I have a small problem.

I'm taking the soup in my crock pot. And while the pot still works wonderfully, it's not the prettiest thing in the world. So, I was thinking I could dress it up with a little quilted cover. I figured I could just go to google and do a search and get a pattern, just that simple. Of course not. I guess people really don't care if their crock pots need a little dressing up for a Tea party. I think mine does, and I will not give up. Guess I'll just have to "wing it". Make my own pattern. Who knows, maybe it will make me famous! Not likely, but, if I do manage to make a pattern and the cover, I'll post a photo.

Wish me luck.

No comments: