Thursday, February 21, 2008

Beanie Babies

One of my many obsessions over the years has been a collection of Beanie Babies.



I started collecting about 10 years ago. I loved the bears, and only wanted bears, but sometime over the years, the collection expanded. I'm not sure when it happened, other than to say that the bears all started to look the same. So, I branched out.



Then Ty.com created a "Beanie of the Month Club". Where they charged your credit card and sent you a beanie every month. This beanie you couldn't buy in the stores, so I signed up. They ended that program in December of 07.

About 2 years ago, I stopped buying them in the stores unless they were "patriotic" themed.




I also have a few Beanie Buddies (the next bigger size) and some jingle beanies (a smaller size). In all, I think I have about 200.
I have them displayed in my office.

No comments: