Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday

It's been a sewing sort of day. It's very cold and windy here in NE Indiana. I think the wind chill is something so entirely horrid, like -20 degrees. So, it is definitely an indoor activity day.

I've been working on my Hawaii quilt, as the previous post stated. And I've been working on some blocks that I'm going to make two wall hangings from for my sewing room. The center squares of these blocks come from some wonderful new friends I've made on the Quilting in Indiana Yahoo Group. We all cut 3 1/2" inch squares and put our signature on them and swapped. I ended up with about 30 different signature blocks.

Also on the group we do a Birthday Fat Quarter swap. As January is my birthday month, I received several beautiful fat quarters from my friends. I'm using these to make the blocks surrounding the signature squares. All in all, I think it's going to be really special when I'm finished. Here's the first 3 blocks.

No comments: