Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hawaii quilt block

Every state has a quilt block named after it. I didn't know that before I started looking at quilt patterns. You can find them at Quilter's Cache It's interesting to see what each one looks like.

I've been looking for something to use my Hawaiian fat quarters, I thought the Hawaii block would work well, what I didn't know was, that I would struggle to get it done correctly. I made 3 different sizes in the same fabrics before I was satisfied.

This block will go to Carol on the Yahoo! Group "Quilting in Indiana". The group has a "lottery" every month and she was the winner for January. The winner gets to pick the block you make, and she chose "your favorite state block." I picked Hawaii because it's my favorite vacation spot. This photo is of the block I'm sending her.

No comments: