Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009!

It's been a busy few weeks so I haven't really had much time for posting to my blog.
After I finished "Mrs Frosty" I had to give up the sewing for awhile, it's the Christmas Holiday after all, and there are many things that needed to be done.

We've had some really cold weather here in NE Indiana. About 2 weeks ago, it dropped down in the subzero temps, when the wind was factored in of course. About that time, the furnace in our house decided it was tired and didn't need to work very hard. I took issue with that additude and called the furnace repair man. Naturally, it had a factory defect, and of course, we needed a new furnace. Just what you want for Christmas right?!!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They worked for about 5 hours and finally got it running so we wouldn't freeze until they could get the new equipment installed. It's done now, and supposed to be more energy efficient. I hope so, after the power/gas bill we got in the mail today, I could use some good news!

During that, Mike was getting ready to go on a Mission trip to the Dominican Republic. We packed him up and he left on the 30th of December. He landed in Santa Domingo later that day, but at the wrong airport for the mission! YIKES! After much prayer and pulling strings, the mission person there, Tim, got him a ride to Santiago. It was a stressful trip for Mike, and since he isn't home yet, I haven't heard all the details. I'm glad he made it safe though! Since then, they've had a good time.

Since Mike is gone, I've decided to get a few projects done around the house. Like organizing his office, cleaning up the garage, and a feeble attempt at re-upholstering a chair. I'm taking photos, and I'll post them later!

The best news of the holiday deserves it's own post... so, I'm signing off for now! L

No comments: