Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hawaii - Day #3

Wednesday, Day #3
Today I thought I should get some of my souvenier shopping done. So, up to Alii Drive I wandered. I found a little quilt/sewing store that I had to browse. The fabrics were very nice, but, much like at home, pricey. I wanted to stop at the farmer's market, but, not finding a place to park, I headed south of Kona to a small town that I can never remember the name. There's a big fabric store there, Kimura's, with a small Japanese woman that runs it. I love going there because they have plenty of Hawaiian fabrics to look at and the owner is so pleasant and helpful. I will visit her store every time I go to Kona as long as she remains open! I made my purchases and decided to head on over to the Kona International Marketplace. Much to my dissappointment, many of the stores had gone out of business. The floral shop was gone. I loved walking thru that and admiring the orchids. With my souvenier shopping complete, I went to the beach to wait for it to be time to pick Erin up for lunch. While waiting at the pavillion, a man approached me, and asked if I had come to attend a meeting. I politely explained that, no, I was only waiting to pick up Erin for lunch. When I asked what kind of meeting he was hosting, he told me it as an AA meeting. I told him I didn't want to seem rude, but I certainly wasn't in need of his services! We talked for awhile, he was from Minnesota. It seems like everyone I meet that lives in Hawaii is from somewhere else. Interesting.

No comments: