Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hawaii - Day #2

Tuesday, Day #2. Tuesday. I have a cousin that lives in Hawaii, her name is Ruth. She grew up in California and although I had never met her, I know her mother. Ruth and I had been planning to get together while I was visiting, so today would be the day! She picked me up at Erin and Tad's apartment and we went down to the Harbor to meet Erin for lunch. We ate at a cute little restaurant where they serve fish sometimes caught on the local Deep Sea Fishing tours.


Erin and Ruth talked me into having a Fish Taco. They put fish in a taco shell, shredded cabbage, tomato, some white sauce, and salsa on the side. I have to say I really enjoyed it.

Ruth and I then went back to her home, where I met Clouseau, her dog. She has a lovely home with an ocean view. We talked for several hours, like we had known each other our whole lives. Here is a view of the entryway, Ruth handpainted these Birds of Paradise. Lovely

No comments: