Sunday, May 18, 2008

Update from me

It's been about a week since my last posting. It's been quiet around here since then.

I haven't been sewing as much because I took my sewing machine in to the dealer for it's 1 year medical check up! It gets a free cleaning and assessment. I think I'm supposed to pick it up on Saturday the 23rd. I hope it's finished. I have alot of projects I want to work on when I get it back. One of the first things I want to do is design my own purse. I have alot of ideas that I've been mulling over, and I believe it's time to branch out and see what I can make for myself with out a pattern.

Karissa and Josiah came Friday night for a visit. On Saturday we went to Sturgis to our friends', Scott & Becky's, so we could ride horses. This time Karissa and I rode. The horse I rode wanted to trot a little, but, it had been a long time since I rode, so I kept the reigns tight so she knew she shouldn't. I had forgotten how BIG horses are! You are way up there when you get on. I think it would have been fun to take off in a sprint, but, I figured getting used to the whole idea of riding again was probably the right choice.

I have some "saddle" soreness today.. so sitting in church wasn't all that fun! But, I would definitely ride again if I were asked!

No comments: