Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Do I need a title? To me that's one of the hardest parts of blogging. I sit here at my keyboard and I have things I want to say, but, I can't get past the "Title" field!

Today was a hard day for me at work, so I think I'll try to list the things about my job that I like.

1. Flexibility - I don't have to ask months ahead of time for vacations days or personal time. If I need a day off, and I know that everyone else in the office (there are only 4 of us) then I'm pretty well guaranteed to get the day off. If I need to go to the Dr or Dentist or whatever, I can.

2. Friends - I have worked my job for nearly 15 years. My fellow employees are for the most part my friends. Being only 1 of 3 women out of about 20 employees that work for our town, it's like having 16 or so brothers. Do they look at me like a "sister"? I don't know. But, I do know that if I needed one of them for just about anything I could ask and they would do what they could to help me. I like that. Yes, I have a husband that is good to me, but, you can never have enough people around that will help you if you need them.

3. 1/2 day Wednesdays - It's been a tradition in our area that offices close at noon on Wednesday. Now, most places have thrown that tradtion to the side, but we still honor it. It started years ago when the locals all gathered in another small town close by to sell their wares on Wednesday afternoons. (Shipshewana, if you have heard of it)

Well, now I can look back at this list and remember why I get up and go to work day after day..

That's about it for today.. like I said, it wasn't the greatest of days!

No comments: