Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Things I've learned this week

1. Don't go to Redi Care just before school starts. You will have to wait in line for a really long time before you get to see the Doctor. Reason: Every school kid in the county will be getting a sports physical.

2. Cats can give you poison ivy/oak/sumac. They carry the oils on their fur, you pick them up, the oil gets on your skin. X amount of days later you are digging it till it bleeds.

3. Taking prednisone for above mentioned poison ivy/oak/sumac can give you "rosy cheeks" and hot flashes. Not fun when it's already HOT out.

4. Organizing a class reunion is not an easy task. You don't know where these classmates have disappeared to. You don't know what the married names of the female classmates are. The classmates that are supposed to be helping don't answer emails or phone calls. They want a reunion, but, sadly, I'm worried that when it's all said and done, they will not be happy with what was planned, yet they didn't make the time to help organize. Yes, this may be may last attempt at class reunion event planning. We shall see.

5. Lilac bushes need to cross pollinate. I did not know this until a fellow walking neighbor told me so. The neighbor across the street from her pulled their bushes out, so, now she's worried that hers won't bloom. Is it true? Please do share.

6. The lovely little boy kitties that I adopted at the animal shelter one year ago now think they need to be "territorial". One is bullying the other. Why can't cat's just be friends?


When I decided on this title for this blog entry, I know there were more lessons learned. The prednisone is working on my memory I guess.

No comments: