Saturday, August 23, 2008

Meeting Friends



Today I traveled about an hour and half to a city south of me to meet with some online friends to sew. These are gals I've met in the Quilting_in_Indiana yahoo group.

In order, if I remember correctly, are: Wendy, Darlene, Judy, Joni, Linda, Liz and Sandy S.

We chatted about our kids, the good times and bad, discussed quilting retreats, local govt issues, our jobs, husbands, and sewing. We went to lunch where Dan Quayle used to eat tenderloins and a special cheeseburger the diner now calls a "Quayle Burger". The food was plentiful, tasty and reasonably priced.

Then we walked down the street to the County Courthouse, where they were holding a 100 year birthday celebration of the building. They had a farmer market, an antique car show, then inside they had cake and ice cream. The Courthouse has some beautiful artwork painted on parts of the ceiling and a huge dome with stained glass windows. Too bad I didn't have my camera when we were out on our "field trip".

Oh, and we did get some sewing done too!

No comments: