Saturday, January 26, 2008

Birthday weekend

It's my birthday tomorrow. Normally I love my birthday, but this year I have bronchitis, and I just want the day to come and go quickly. I can't go out, so it won't be fun.

I have been getting some really awesome fat quarters from the sweet ladies on the Quilting in Indiana Yahoo Group. We have a "birthday fat quarter exchange", and it's my turn! I've been really excited to see what the mail brings each day. I'm thinking of making myself a purse from the ones that match. I have a pattern from Lazy Girl Designs that calls for about 7 fat quarters of fabric. If you don't know what a fat quarter is, it's a piece of fabric that is 18" x 22", or one 1/4 of a yard of fabric. I mention this because when I first started sewing I had know idea what a fat quarter was. So, I figure I'm not the only one!

Louis the cat has been keeping me company while I've been sick. Today he played on the bed while I tried to sleep. I have a king size bed, so there was plenty of room. He had a toy, and it kept him entertained for a good 30 or more minutes. I finally dozed off and when I woke up there he was, sleeping beside me. I think he wore himself out.

No comments: