Friday, December 21, 2007

My Family

I was married to Mike in 1979. I was 19 years old. He was 24. We have two wonderful daughters, Erin, who was born in 1981, and Karissa, born in 1983.

January 1, 2007, Erin married Tad. They met in Wapakoneta Ohio where Erin worked for the Wapakoneta Daily News as a reporter. They have since moved to Hawaii. She now writes for the West Hawaii Today, www.westhawaiitoday.com and Tad is a teacher at Kona Chrisitan Academy. I haven't been to many tropical places, but I have gotten to visit Hawaii 3 times. It's a beautiful place and I highly recommend it.

May 21, 2005, Karissa married Josiah. They met at Indiana Wesleyan Univerisity where they both attended college. She's a surgical nurse, he's an accountant. They live in the Indianapolis area. Indianapolis is another of my favorite visiting places. So many things to do.. so many places to shop!

Both girls are happy and are enjoying their lives. What a blessing that is!

I also have one brother, and two sisters. Dyanne is in heaven waiting on us to join her. She passed away at the young age of 33 of cervical cancer. She left 3 young children. Those kids have since grown up to be wonderful adults with a total of 6 kids of their own. So, that leaves me with 3 great-nieces, and 3 great nephews. My brother has a daughter, and my other sister never had her own children. She sort of "adopted" my sister's kids, not officially, and though they never lived with her, she has always "looked" out over them. We are a happy, sometimes close, family for the most part.

Mom is still alive and doing well, along with my step dad. Raymond has always been more than a step dad, I couldn't have picked a better one!

Dad passed away in 2006 after a long battle of cancer, amoung other things. I don't think the Doctors would say that the cancer killed him, they of course got all of it removed, but, it changed his life so drastically that I would say that it most assuredly did. Maybe not directly, but, it was still the cause of death in my opinion.

No comments: