Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Wedding hut


The Wedding hut
Originally uploaded by Laurie_Mike
Last week we packed up and headed to Montego Bay Jamaica for the week. Our nephew got married there on Thursday, in this little gazebo by the water.

We stayed at the Sandals, Montego Bay Resort. I have to say that I was very impressed with the people there. Though they live in virtual poverty, they are some of the happiest folks I've ever been around. You would think that they would see the wealth of the people in the resort (imagined wealth or true wealth, doesn't matter when you are poor) and become bitter. And perhaps they are, they just don't show it. Every employee I encountered greeted me with a smile and some even knew my name.

The food was great and the beach was beautiful, I just can't say enough good things about this trip. It was the most relaxing place I have ever gone.

No comments: