Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lizzie's Hutch

 

This week in LaGrange, the Northern Indiana Woodworker's Association held a convention across the street from where I work. It was in an abandoned RV factory. The group is primarily made up of Amish craftsmen. Now, while I will readily admit that not all Amish are the best furniture builders, these are the "best of the best". I saw some of the most fabulous furniture on display that I have ever seen.

I've been searching for the perfect hutch to put in my kitchen, and I found it. I pretty much figured that it would be way out of my price range, and normally it would have been, but the salesman (could have been the shop owner for all I know) was quite generous that day, as he gave me a great deal.

I love the "antique look" of the cabinet! Now, I just need to add some decorations! Yay! More shopping!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: